Lychakiv Cemetery is one of the most grandiose European necropolises. Officially opened in 18th century, it houses more than 300 000 graves. Walking through it is an unforgettable experience. Join this tour to wander the beautiful park of art, history and mysteries.
Sights we visit
English, Italian, Polish
min 1, max 12
every day at 10 AM, 3 PM
- Learn about the magnate family Baczewski – famous producers of vodka, liquors and other spirits in Europe.
- Discover symbolism within the gravestones – heads of poppies, lilies, or broken stems with rosebuds.
- See the unique sculptures of dogs Pluto and Nero and learn why they were installed at the cemetery
- Find out about the mysterious disappearance and death of the most popular Ukrainian musician of the Soviet era.
- Hear about the grave-hotel – such things did exist! A grave rented for a daily fee, while the body was transported to its place of rest.
Discover the authentic side of Ukraine!
Get in touch with our travel experts and design a tailor-made trip plan based on your needs.