The Jewish community once comprised a significant part of the population in Lviv. On this walking tour you can hear the most interesting stories about Lviv’s Jewish inhabitants and see the hidden signs of their presence.
Sights we visit
Jewish quarter, ruins of Golden Rose Synagogue, Jewish quarter of Krakow suburb, Jewish hospital, Lviv Ghetto Memorial, places where some influential Jewish residents worked or lived, and more.
min 1, max 12
every day at 10 AM, 2 PM
- Learn about the two separate Jewish communities – a unique phenomenon in Lviv at the remains of Golden Rose synagogue
- Discover the Jewish way of life in the Krakow neighborhood and how the area changed through the centuries
- Look for the traces of the vanished Jewish world of Lviv – Yiddish shop signs, mezuzahs on doorposts.
- Head toward the Ghetto Memorial known as “the gates of death” and pay your respect to the Holocaust victims
- Chat with your expert guide about Yiddish writers of Lviv origin
- Visit the site of the ancient Jewish cemetery and see the former Jewish hospital in Moorish style.
Discover the authentic side of Ukraine!
Get in touch with our travel experts and design a tailor-made trip plan based on your needs.